Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Jen Eats LESS Food

Every now and again, I need to take the trip down Calorie Counting Road to ensure that I can continue to entertain you with my tales of food and drink while being mindful of my health...and waistline.

One of the few bad words in my vocabulary is "diet" (other examples are "excercise", "camping", "prohibition"...) so I try not to diet. I know myself and If I say there are certain things I cannot have, I will fail. Counting calories is the only way I can succeed at getting rid of unwanted pounds.

So, after 3 weddings, trips to Kentucky, Nashville and St. Louis, the holidays and my husband's 5 day 40th birthday celebration, it is time to get into gear!

For the next couple weeks, I will strive to eat between 1200 and 1500 calories a day. I have done this a couple of times before and have become a pro at finding the largest quantity of food for the least amount of calories. With the help of Pinterest, Epicurious and Food Network, I will hopefully find some other great ways to cut the calories without cutting flavor! I will keep you updated...

I found the following link on Pinterest (everydayfitness.tumblr.com) and I absolutely love that they include cocktails as well...that is usually one of the first things any "diet" tells you to cut out.



Cheers...in moderation!

PLEASE NOTE: 1200 - 1500 CALORIES IS A PLAN I HAVE DISCUSSED WITH MY PHYSICIAN AND HAS BEEN APPROVED FOR ME ACCORDING TO MY HEIGHT AND CURRENT WEIGHT.  NEVER, NEVER, NEVER START A FOOD PLAN WITHOUT CONSULTING A PHYSICIAN FIRST!!

No comments:

Post a Comment